(847) 223-2660
(312) 291-4466

info@michellesinteriors.com

dining room

Monday, September 28, 2009

What is Your Inspiration?

Inspirations, words, colors, shapes, music, art, nature, architecture, fashion, weather, furniture, fabrics, textures, the list can go on. What inspires one person, may not for another, an obvious concept. So today I decided to skim through a local magazine in search of an inspiration of my own. As I was perusing the fine print in a section where the listings for upcoming events such as art shows and benefits, and that’s where I found it. Between the columns named “Miscellany,” and “Opera,” you find “Museums.” I find it interesting that as time has gone by, styles have evolved from one another, and have sometimes evolved into something new and different from the previous era- all because someone had a new idea, a new inspiration. I think it is important to get back in touch with our history, and the Chicago-land area has plenty to offer. Who knows what might happen when you visit, you may learn something new, find an object to inspire your home, or even just have a good time with the family. Finding what’s near you is easy, just look through local magazines, newspapers, or maybe the easiest way is online.

I want to know what inspires you, or what local landmarks or historical sites are near you!

No comments:

Scroll up Scroll down